We provide a range of services to journalists and education researchers. These services include:
- Education alerts: MCERA provides regular emails about new research reports and other issues relevant to education.
- Media enquiry services: MCERA has a database of education experts who can talk with authority on a wide range of education issues and education policy and funding. We help journalists to find the right expert.
- Rapid responses: When an education issue hits the news, MCERA will rapidly locate experts on the topic and provide their contact details to journalists to include a wider range of views in their coverage.
- Greater understanding: There are issues that appear in the mainstream media which are complex and difficult for journalists to report on. MCERA will provide journalists with up to date information on complex issues so they can separate out fact from opinion and go back to fundamental research when needed.
- Media support for education academics: MCERA will support education academics to work more effectively with the media and provide media training for key sponsors.